Ok, here it goes

When I began developing in PHP a call to the imap_fetchstructure function on
an email with attachments created a 'parts' array that was indexed
numerically.  Meaning I could say:

if (count($message->parts) > 0)
   for ($x = 0; $x < count($message_parts); $x++)
      // do some processing

Then I upgraded PHP.  I'm not sure which upgrade changed it's workings but
it definately changed by 4.3.4.

Now, from what I understand the parts array is indexed with things like 0,
0.1, 0.1.1, 0.2.  Worse yet, the count($message->parts) call doesn't even
seem to return accurate information.  In particular it behaves as though a
parts array exists on messages without attachments.

Enough background,  is this new code "broken" or is this the way it should
have behaved the whole time?

If it is not-broken or has not been fixed:

1. How can I get an accurate count of the parts array, determine if
attachments are present, and determine what the valid array indexes are?

2. Do you know of any email classes/applications that work with these
changes?

TIA,

Daryl Meese