EP> I know I am missing a stupid step but I have php_mssql.dll in my
EP> php extensions folder and have uncommented the line in the ini
EP> file yet it still doesn't recognize the functions.  Do I need to
EP> do something else?

First of all, the obvious: make sure extension_dir in php.ini is set to the correct extensions directory. Also, did you restart IIS after you made the changes to php.ini? Evertime you change php.ini, you need to restart IIS.

Secondly, for MS SQL extensions to work, you need to place ntwdblib.dll in the WINDOWS/System32 folder (the location could differ depending on your platform) on the machine that is running PHP.

Then, restart IIS.

--
Regards,
 Ben Ramsey