This code is checking if $fname and $lname are equal to a single blank
character. Is this what you want? My guess is you really want

        if(($fname == "") || ($lname == ""))

Another way to write this is

        if( (!$fname) || (!$lname) )

Kirk

http://callook.org/member_joinform.html");
}else{
         $db = mysql_connect("localhost", "name", "password");
         mysql_select_db("dBase",$db);
         $sql = "INSERT INTO