Simple: the list is setup to send replies in private per default. If you just hit reply it will go in private. So we hit "reply to all" and the reply goes private and on list ... thus you get doubles...

My system sometimes confuses the private replies with the list mail, and puts both in the list box, instead of keeping the private reply in the unfiltered inbox...

Only annoying thing with Eudora is that you have to use "reply to all" for it to write the original posters name instead of just "you wrote" ... but that's a totally different story ...

Rene