Might be a Register Globals issue:

http://us4.php.net/register_globals

-----Original Message-----
From: Ketvin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 12:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear all,

i just move my previous php script to a new server and found that it is not
working on the new machine. funny thing is that previously, say i am putting
form items like

<input type=text name=item1>

in the form page, and then i can striaghtaway read the item1 value by using
$item1 variable. but now, reading $item1 give me nothing.

is there anything i have to set in the php.ini ? or any packages i miss?

I am using php-4.2.2 for both my new/old machine, and following is the
packages i installed.

php-ldap-4.2.2-17.2.i386.rpm
php-4.2.2-17.2.i386.rpm
php-mysql-4.2.2-17.2.i386.rpm
php-imap-4.2.2-17.2.i386.rpm

thanks for your time and please help!

the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.