At 10:44 AM 4/2/2004 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Edward Tilley wrote:

> Hi - I am an IIS, PHP 4.3 new user running on Win2k server. I need to
> pass a variable ( $flash = 1 ) back out to my PHP script and can't find
> any examples of this working after 2 days of looking. I can't get a
> urldecode to work and I don't want a WDDX because I don't see pertinent
> WinOS examples on the .org website.
>
> Other methods I've tried included running a
> "getURL("change_flash_value.php") "  script in Flash - the PHP script
> didn't execute and the value of $flash didn't change in keeping.

It think you will want getURL("change_flash_value.php?flash=1") and then
grab the flash variable from the $_REQUEST array.

There is a great book called "Macromedia Flash MX Professional 2004 for
Server Geeks" by Nate Weiss (ISBN: 0735713820) that, while it doesn't have
PHP examples, does a great job of discussing Flash/server communication.

--
David G. Risner
Software Engineer -- California State University, Los Angeles

Use SendandLoad as was done here to pass vars to a php login script:

varSender = new LoadVars();
varReceiver = new LoadVars();
varSender.first_name = first_txt.text;
varSender.last_name = last_txt.text;
varSender.password = pass_txt.text;
varSender.action = 'login';
varSender.sendAndLoad("http://"+ host + "user_logon.php", varReceiver, 'GET');

A copy of ActionScript for Flash MX, The Definitive Guide is really helpful. I don't know if Colin Moock has a MX2004 version out yet.

Hope this has been helpful - Miles