At 06:04 PM 28/03/2001, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am curious to know why you need to use the /n, and what it actually does,
>because I had a page that used them, and i removed them all and it still
>works fine.

As far as the HTML output, it wont affect how it shows up on the screen,
but if you look at the HTML code, you will notice everything is on 1
big-ass long line.

Using a /n at the end of an echo or print statement will put a carriage
return at the end so your HTML code is more pleasant to view and makes it
alot easier to view when you are trying to work out any problems in HTML
layouts.

>Also, is it seen as good or bad practive to use \" only when required or all
>the time.

My general rule of thumb is to use \" whenever I need a "

in general, I avoid using quotes where possible (such as in the following)

But for things like ALT tags, I use \" because spaces are required in the
value of the ALT tag.

Chris

--
       Chris Aitken - Webmaster/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890