Robb Kerr wrote:

Is there an easy way to create an HTML page that uses PHP to copy selected
MySQL tables to backup copies on the same MySQL server? I want to create an
administration page for my client to be able to "backup" their database
whenever they see fit. But, I can't give them direct access to the MySQL
server and don't want them backing up to their hard drive. I prefer to
simply copy the tables to "backup" versions on the server so that if
problems arise, I can log into the server and simply copy the "backups" to
the originals.

Thanx in advance.

Well, here's what I would suggest....even though it's Linux specific (or at least mysql specific).

`mysqldump -uusername -ppassword -Q database > /tmp/backup.sql`;
`mysql -uusername -ppassword backupDatabase < /tmp/backup.sql`;

Or, if you feel like it, you can not to the file redirection and open a pipe to send the SQL back...

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>