On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 07:14, Arthur Radulescu wrote:
> It might be a directive for good programming but as long as this might
> double the size of a resulted page this is not good for me. Thanks anyway.

Sounds like you suffer from no-accelerator-itis. Using one of the PHP
accelerators will make whitespace concerns pointless since they operate
on cached bytecode. At any rate, whitespace and comment parsing is
pretty much negilible... you might shave a millionth of a second off
your page time, but really, is that point for contention? If you're
running Google then it might be, but I doubt that's the case.

Cheers,
Rob.