This is the situation at hand ... we have a PHP Session based Login module. The user is required to login to get to the Shopping cart (which is provided for by the Merchant) This shopping cart is CGI / Perl based. So my question would be to integrate the ordering with the PHP Login module, so that the Perl code knows the PHP session variable. This ways I can keep track of the the user name/email/ order status etc.

I want to to know whether it is possible to do this. Thanks again !

--Pushpinder

On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, at 03:57 PM, John W. Holmes wrote:

From: "Pushpinder Singh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

     We are trying to incorporate a CGI Perl based E-Cart module into
our PHP driven site. This is because the E-Cart supplied by our
merchant uses CGI. I want to check with all of you if its possible to
integrate PHP with Perl.

If you're talking about integrating PHP and Perl on the same page, then no.
You can call a Perl script from PHP using virtual(), though, but it will
still be difficult to "integrate" them if you want communication back and
forth on the same page. If you're just talking about extra PHP pages working
with the inventory or something, then that shouldn't be an issue; just
figure out the database structure.

---John Holmes...