On Saturday 24 April 2004 10:29 pm, Tim Traver wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ok, this may be a dumb question, but I have a page that has server side
> includes that include a php script like this :
>
> <!--#include virtual="schedule.php" -->
>
> works fine, except the script doesn't appear to receive any of the query
> string information if that page has a query string on it...
>
> an example would be something like this :
>
> http://www.domain.com/index.shtml?myvariable=1
>
> the php script should get $_REQUEST['myvariable']==1, but instead does not
> get any of the query information.
>
> The $_SERVER global gets the unescaped query string, but has no value for
> just the query string...

um, huh? you mean it has the query string but it isn't parsed into the proper
superglobals ($_GET, $_REQUEST)? Not really sure what you're looking for here
so i'm going to just pretend this paragraph isn't here ;)

> any way around this without making the whole page a php script ?

php.net/parse_str

--
Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"The greatest mistake is to imagine that the human being is an autonomous
individual. The secret freedom which you can supposedly enjoy under a

-George Orwell