Hi,

i just benchmarked some of my applications with PEAR::Benchmark
and would like to know if any of you have good literature
regarding PHP and performance in generall? I am not talking
about precompiled scripts (ioncube, zend, ..)

Basically I am trying to find out how good a standard HTML rendering PHP-Applications usually performs? Furthermore I wonder of there are any usability papers/studies regarding this topic?

(how long is long for a user? how
long is a user on broadband usually expectin a page to load without
thinking "damn. why does this take so long?")

Maybe anyone knows of a good free performace and memory profiler?

Yours,
Matthias