Sounds like a conversation that already happend on this mailing list a few
days ago, and then was dropped.  Maybe you should read some of the previous
postings before continuing this line of thought (for reference) and to
prevent the exact type of postings you are trying to avoid, i.e., Posting
from People who do NOT read the FAQ, older posting, etc.

Also, remember this, most of the time, 'experts' who have problems either
(a) can solve the problem themselves, because that is what a programmer
does, or (b) don't have problems.  Sure, a syntax error here or there, but
most 'experts' I know usually fall into the 'A' category.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to see a more professional, higher end
mailing list, but at the same time, having expected the php-general mailing
list to cater to 'Experts' only is a bit egotistical (not the right word,
sounds to harsh that way, but I can think of a better one, so just us the
cant_think_of_word("egotistical") function and it will be all right).

So, before posting next time, please try and read older posts concerning the
same or similar subject, and also try and understand, that while it may seem
non-trivial to you how to connect to PostgreSQL from XXX Server passing
through YYY Software, to many it may not, and that is why this is the
PHP-General Mailing List, not the PHP-Master Mailing List.

This was NOT a flame, and no flame retardent clothing was needed.  =)

Merely trying to quell a possible brush fire.

Jason Lotito
www.NewbieNetwork.net
Where those who can, teach;
and those who can, learn.