From: John W. Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:41 AM
To: Mike Mapsnac
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Remove cahracters in string

Mike Mapsnac wrote:

> I search on php.net and couldn't find the function. I need a function
> that will remove characters in the string  until it reached the pattern
> and remove characters in the string after another pattern.
>
> The program reads huge file, and remove unnessary data.
> So I need to remove characters before and after the line.

Wouldn't it be smarter to match the pattern into a new string and ignore
the rest??

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com

Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911