Pete,
I thought I should send you another reply as I felt that depending on your
experience, you may not fully understand the resonses from other members.

Firstly, create a new .php file and using the following source code:

*********************

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Upload this to your webspace and then view your .php page and it will tell
you everything you need to know about your server's PHP install.

Regards,

Tom