On Monday 10 May 2004 23:00, Jas wrote:

> I didn't sent off list, always to php.general in reply to whatever
> message thread I am in.  In any event, I have tried safe mode = On and
> safe mode = Off with the 4 commands I listed in my last thread and my
> actual code is using an echo = "<textarea>$tailed</textarea>";

  echo = "<textarea>$tailed</textarea>";

is not good code. Please learn some basic PHP first!

> I even tried to remove the -f and replaced it with a -n 600 (for six
> hundred lines to be output) and it still wont place the $tailed var into
> the textarea.  It will output to the screen but not to the textarea, I
> am just going to scrap it and try it a different way.

Each of the "4 commands I listed in my last thread" has a different
functionality. As you have noted one of them just outputs directly whatever
system function is being executed. Read the descriptions of the 'commands'
carefully and choose the one appropriate for the job.