Edward Peloke wrote:

I was up late last night creating insert and update forms for tables in my
db and knew there had to be a better way. I do have a class that will
generate forms but I still have to create each input..i.e
$forms->inputBox(), etc. I want to be able to pass in a table name and have
a form returned to me. How do other's handle this? My first thought is to
have an xml file that maps the database columns to form elements such as
text, radio, etc then when the class is called, it searches the xml file for
the passed in name and builds the appropriate form. Is this the best way?

This question if posted in a database newsgroup will get you a better answer.

Thanks, Eddie

WARNING:  The information contained in this message and any attachments is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  This message may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  It may also
contain trade secrets and other proprietary information for which you and
your employer may be held liable for disclosing.  You are hereby notified
that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication in error,  please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] by E-Mail and then
destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged
information.

Hope I am the intended recipient of this message ;-) if not please remove the disclaimer when sending to mailing lists.

-- Raditha Dissanayake. --------------------------------------------- http://raditha/megaupload/upload.php Sneak past the PHP file upload limits.