> Does 0(zero) really equate to null?
>
> if( 0 == null )
> {
>       echo 'true';
> }
> else echo 'false';
>
> Result echo's: true
>
> This can not be right, can it?  I have never heard of such a
> thing.  As far as I recall from any language null is of no
> value equaling nothing?
> So how can it equal 0?

You can use is_null instead.

If(is_null($var)){
        do something
}
Else{
        do something different
}

alex hogan

The contents of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  The views stated herein do not
necessarily represent the view of the company.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail you may not copy, forward,
disclose, or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form
whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
e-mail the sender.