Hi all

For few years now I've been creating custom CMSs and I've been having an
"images" folder with permissions 777 so the PHP script can upload images
through the CMS.

You can imagine what the problem is... although I never had someone deleting
images (low profile sites usually), couple of days ago someone deleted all
images from one of the websites (ggrrrr!!!).

Anyways I was wondering if there is a way to upload through PHP without
having "write" permission to "all". Is there a way maybe, for the script, to
change permission to "write" before the upload and then take it off? or
anything else I can do to protect the dir?

Thank you

Mario