try this snippet:

<?
  if (ereg("[^@]+\$", "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", $result))
  {
    $domain = $result[0];
    echo $domain;
  }
?>

""Jacky"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
009301c0b8a2$e856f6c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:009301c0b8a2$e856f6c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Hi again
have to try again after I have not recieved any advice, I have a vairable
that stores email address value. I need to break it so that I will only get
the dmain name bit to store in another variable so that I can redirect user
to that domain, like if user email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] then I would like to
break that and take only foo.com bit to use for navigation.
How can I do that?
Jack
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There is nothing more rewarding than reaching the goal you set for
yourself"