From: "Red Wingate" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> AFAIK the content of the superglobal variables cannot be changed ( even
> though i haven't found this in the docs i can remeber got beaten by PHP
> for doing so :-) )

They can be changed and you can even add to them.

$_SERVER['foo'] = 'bar';

is valid and now it's a superglobal, too. I wouldn't recommend relying on
this, though.

If you talking about the users changing the values of of superglobals then
that's different. Users can't directly set $_SERVER values, for example, but
they can pass values that may influence them. $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERRER']
comes from what the user supplies, for instance, so they are able to
manipulate it. A user would not be able to set $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] or
$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], though. Which ones are safe or not just takes some
research or asking. :)

---John Holmes...