On 30 avr. 04, at 12:11, Ford, Mike [LSS] wrote:

On 30 April 2004 09:47, Frederic Noyer wrote:

Hello there !
        I am trying to fill and then compare two arrays: one
filled by a
foreach construct, and the second by a while construct.
I check both with a print_r to be sure that both are correctly filled
(which seems to be the case). But then, when I try to compare
them with
a array_diff , the result is incoherent (at least to me...). I have
tried several variant, but I don't understand what's wrong. Sure you
guys can tell me where is my mistake.

Here is the code:

<?

// creates first array (from a _POST[''] )
        foreach ($_POST['input_auteur'] AS $aut_ligne) {
                        $part_ligne = explode(",",$aut_ligne);
                        $arr1[] = (string) $part_ligne['2'];
        }
        echo "Array from POST :";
        print_r ($arr1);

I don't have any great insight into what appear to be your odd array_diff()
results, but try using var_dump() instead of print_r() -- it will give you
more information about *exactly* what values are stored in the arrays, and
it may just be that you'll spot an odd discrepancy.

Cheers!

Mike

Thanks, Mike ! That was the correct answer. In one of the array there was always a "space" in front of the digit (ex: " 2"). The comparison was then corrupted because of this. I never used var_dump() before, but it is far more precise. Thanks for the hint!

Thanks to you too, Thorsten for your kind help.

Best regards,

Fred