* Thus wrote Dac Chartrand ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> >Check curl_errno() and curl_error().
> >
> >it sounds like there is a problem with your libcurl
> >

> I'm not getting any errors using the above functions.
>
> Sample PHP code is available at:
>
> http://www.vegguide.org/plain/rss-code/get_and_parse_vegguide_rss_feed-php
>
> (Requires an account to be able to download RSS data) It used to work,
> now it doesn't. The problem is the follwing line:
>
> $data = curl_exec($c);
>
> $data used to be a string. Now it's GZIP compressed binary data that i
> can't work with.

php simply calls the libcurl function and returns what libcurl came
back with.  There might be problem with the curl.dll your using.

You might want to try setting CURLOPT_ENCODING to 'defalate'.
otherwise dont set any compression requests.

I've tested  your code with php5 and libcurl 7.10 and gzip
compression works fine.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."