"Msa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 'SELECT * FROM table WHERE YEAR(date) = ' . date('Y') . ' AND
MONTH(date)
> =
> > ' . date('m') . ' ORDER BY SORT DESC'
> >
> > What column type is your date column of? I know that the above statement
> > works with the MySQL date (YYYY-MM-DD) and datetime column types.
> >
> > Regards, Torsten
> >

> > > does this help?
>
> My date format is as above....I am getting the following error message:
>
> You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Y') . ' AND
> MONTH(date) = ' . date('m') . ' ORDER BY sort DESC'
>

> I changed your code to fit my table name and "sort" to be lower case, as
it
> is in the database:
>
> "SELECT * FROM NewsArchive WHERE YEAR(date) = ' . date('Y') . ' AND
> MONTH(date) =' . date('m') . ' ORDER BY sort DESC";

Sorry, my fault. Of course you have to assign this construct to a variable
because PHP has to interpret the two date calls:

$query = 'SELECT * FROM NewsArchive WHERE YEAR(date) = ' . date('Y') . ' AND
MONTH(date) = ' . date('m') . ' ORDER BY sort DESC';

If you echo out $query it should look like:

SELECT * FROM NewsArchive WHERE YEAR(date) = 2004 AND MONTH(date) = 05 ORDER
BY sort DESC

Use $query now in your mysql query command (probably mysql_query())

Hope this works, Torsten