(i) needs to be !== not != (since the substring might appear in position 0 and
0==FALSE).

(ii) post some lines of your actual code showing what you expect, and what you
actually get.

(iii) to know exactly what we're dealing with, var_dump $row and $row2 before you do
the strpos, and cut'n'paste the results for us.

(iv) also, quote your string subscripts ($row['bands']) -- not vital, but suppresses a
constant-lookup and notice for each one, and hence is more efficient.

Cheers!

Mike

Learning Support Services, Learning & Information Services, JG125, James Graham
Building, Leeds Metropolitan University, Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United
Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]