Ryan Schefke wrote:
<snip>
I'm moving my PHP and MySQL application to a hosting server. Currently, I'm
looking at 1and1.com's dedicated servers on a Linux machine for $49/month
(let me know if there are better choices). One problem though, the
dedicated server, unlike a shared server, does not have a SSL certificate.

So, I need one.  Can anyone recommend a low cost (preferably free), and easy
to install (since I have to do it myself) SSL Cert?
</snip>

Google for "buy ssl certificate". Installing a cert is not difficult, but it's way off topic for this list...you can google for "install ssl certificate linux" or ask on an Apache list and get better results.

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com