On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 05:15 PM, Curt Zirzow wrote:

* Thus wrote Ren Fournier ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

I am building a SIMPLE socket client that makes ONE connection to ONE server, and waits for data (socket_read)... and when no data comes for a few seconds, does something else, then waits for data again. HOW SHOULD I APPROACH THIS?! PLEASE TOSS ME A BONE! (If you help me, I will buy you a pint of great beer.)

Does that help earlier count for that great beer ;)

Curt

Sure... the next time you're in Calgary.  :-)

...Rene