I'm having problems getting PHP to talk to Oracle, and I think it's caused by some
environment variables.

Using phpinfo(), it's clear that I've managed to change (for example) the
_SERVER["ORACLE_HOME"] (server variable?) by using SetEnv statement in httpd.conf.
But, _ENV["ORACLE_HOME"] (environment variable?) still shows the wrong value.

I tried entering the right value in apachectl, but it still doesn't change.

Does anyone knows how to accomplish this ? Please let me know.
btw - I'm using Apache 1.3.31 on Solaris 8, PHP 4.3.6

Many thanks,
Harry