I have an unusual situation where I have to communicate with an MS based
soap server.  They have named one of their variables with a name leading
with a 1 such as 1variable.  Nusoap loads the variable descriptions from the
wsdl document and compares the variable names I am trying to send with the
ones listed in the wsdl.  In this process my sent to the function is
something like $data =
array('thisvar'=>$myFirstVar,'thatvar'=>$mySecondVar,'1othervar'=>$myLastVar
).  Later when the variable names are cycled through on a loop the following
test is used...

if($data[$currentVarNameInCycle])
{
        do something
}

Is there some way force the recognition of the key when it leads with a
digit?