Merlin wrote:
Hi there,

I am trying to prevent hotlinking of images by other servers.
Pictures are generated on the fly by a php script, where I have included this code to prevent hot linking:

$haystack = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
$needle  = 'globosapiens';
$pos      = strpos($haystack, $needle);
if ($pos === false) { // not from globosapiens
 HEADER("Location:/g/p/2/hotlink_banner.gif");
 exit;
}

It workes, but not for everybody. Some user tell me that they see the hotlink_banner.gif on my website as well. How is this possible?

Has anybody an idea on where the error is, and how to fix it?`

Thank you in advance,

Merlin

Many personal firewall softwares remove the referer header.

The solution is simple, don't check the referer if it's blank.

HTH