Hello ,

  How can I compile PHP so that it does not mater what version of
  mysql is installed.
  If I compile it for mysql 3.X and then upgrade mysql to ver 4
  PHP will not install.
  I get error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared
object file

  this is how I am compiling php  It is being compiled into Apache not
  as a DSO

./configure --prefix=/usr/php --with-mysql=/usr/
--with-config-file-path=/usr/conf
 --with-exec-dir=/usr/apache/bin --disable-debug --enable-safe-mode
 --enable-magic-quotes --enable-debugger --enable-track-vars --with-ftp
--enable-sockets
 --enable-ftp --with-apache=../apache
make
make install

--
Best regards,
 Richard                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]