On Wednesday 02 June 2004 01:10, Ryan Schefke wrote:

> So there's no way to upgrade PHP 4.2.2's GD Library without upgrading to
> the latest version of PHP?

That was not what was said nor implied in my reply. Basically upgrading the GD
lib used by PHP needs root privileges. If I understand you correctly, you're
on a shared host, thus _you_ are not able to upgrade anything.

If you do manage to persuade your hosting company to do an upgrade then they
may as well upgrade PHP and use the bundled GD lib which apparently works
better with PHP than the standard GD lib as opposed to just upgrading the GD
lib.