On 03 June 2004 15:52, pagongski wrote:

>          Hi guys,
>
>          I recently installed easy-php on my laptop so i
> could work on the
> go without having to upload my scripts to the server to test them
> out. The problem is that when i tried one of my scripts on it, i get
> some weird errors, and the script works fine on the online server.
>
>          Here are some example errors:
>
>          Notice: Use of undefined constant REMOTE_ADDR - assumed
> 'REMOTE_ADDR' in c:\win2kapp\easyphp1-7\www\index.php on line 35
>
>          Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_REFERER in .....
>
>          I have register globals on. (was off so i turned
> them on thinking
> that might be the problem..didnt work either way)

These Notices will not prevent your script running to completion -- they merely point
out places where your code can potentially be improved.

Looks like error_reporting on your laptop is turned all the way up to E_ALL, whereas
on on the server E_NOTICE level messages are excluded.  This is actually a *good*
configuration -- on your test server, you get to see all the nitty-gritty warnings
about the minor errors that PHP will ignore or automatically correct for you, whilst
on your live service they are suppressed.  You can then decide, on a fully-informed
basis, whether you want to adjust your code to be comletely notice-free, or whether
you're prepared to leave them as is and let PHP take care of them.

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]