Nunners wrote:

I'm creating an application which has multiple users, with their own logins
etc etc.

From it, they have a number of links to external websites, to which I need
to pass certain details, e.g.

http://somewebsite.com/index.php?username=bob
<http://somewebsite.com/index.php?username=bob&password=fred> &password=fred

For management purposes, I am wanting to have the overall URL in a MySQL
table, and want to be able to use that to get the appropriate variables from
another table.

So I have:

Table: Websites

ID

Name

Website

1

Somewebsite

http://somewebsite.com/index.php?username=$username
<http://somewebsite.com/index.php?username=$username&password=$password>
&password=$password

2

Anotherwebsite

http://anotherwebsite.net/login.php?agent=$agent

3

Agreatwebsite

http://agreatwebsite.com/index.php?user=$user
<http://agreatwebsite.com/index.php?user=$user&id=$id> &id=$id

Table: User_Website_Details

User

Website_ID

Variable

Value

Bob

1

Username

Bob

Bob

1

Password

Fred

James

2

Agent

03658264

Greg

3

User

Bob_fred

Greg

3

Id

49y5h9-845yf9

How can I get the values from the user's individual details into the
required output?

Cheers

Nunners

If you're set on doing it that way, you can set those variables, then do:

$url = eval('return "'.$urlFromDb.'";');

but that's icky and a possible security hole. I would suggest removing the query string (variables and values) from the URL you store and just looking through the User_Website_Details for the URL.

while($user_web_det = ...) {
  $url .= $user_web_det['Variable'].'='.$user_web_det['Value'].'&';
}

Since you're storing the variables uppser-cased (why?) you may have to do strtyolower on the variable field.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>