Jason Wong wrote:

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 03:21, Mattias Thorslund wrote:

In order to keep configuration files outside the web root I use:

include_once('../config.php');

This used to work also when running php scripts from the command line.
Now I have a new server and I get "no such file or directory" when using
this construct from the command line.

I have worked around this by doing this:

$main_folder = realpath(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']).'/..');
include_once($main_folder . '/config.php');

The original, simpler construct still works when calling the page from a
web browser, just not when I run it from the command line.

The new server has a more recent version of PHP (4.3.4). I don't have
the php version of the old server but it was on RedHat 9 - now I'm on
Mandrake 10.

What could be the difference that caused this?

Possibly:

manual > Using PHP from the command line > -c switch

...except I don't use the -c switch?