I have an abstract class with quite a few 'children'. Essentially I want to be able to interchange calls between children (Take a script, written with ClassA and redefine the variable as ClassB etc.)

Though there is a large subset of methods all of these children declare, there are a few which only *some* declare. What I think I'm looking for is a variation on an abstract method that, if not defined in a child, will do nothing. Using an abstract method forces me to declare the method in the child with an empty body.

Are you understanding me?

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris