>===== Original Message From "Eric L. Sammons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
I am in the process of writing a PHP program.  It is really quite simple, I
have a form that I complete, the information is then to be saved into a simple
XML file.  When I do this in Java the XML file would appear simply as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server Name="pxtest01">
  <Serical_Number>000000000</Serical_Number>
  <Asset_Tag>00000</Asset_Tag>
  <Model>DL380</Model>
  <Location>8th Floor</Location>
  <Cabinet>2</Cabinet>
  <Application_Group>Customer</Application_Group>
  <Purpose>Upgrade</Purpose>
</server>

However, when attempting this in PHP I seem only able to get the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <Server
Name="pxtest01"><Serial_Number></Serial_Number></server>

The code I use to get this much follows:
<?php

         $doc = domxml_new_doc("1.0");
         $root = $doc->add_root("Server");
         $root->set_attribute("Name", "pxtest01");
         $el = $doc->create_element("Serial_Number");
         $root->append_child($el);
        $text = $doc->create_text_node($el["000000"]);
        $el->append_child($text);
         print  htmlentities($doc->dump_mem());
?>

My question is a simple one I am sure; however, I have been unable to find the
answer...  How do I add a value or content to an element.  For example:
<Serial_Number>0000000</Serial_Number>

While I am at it, is there an easy way to get the DOM to dump in a nicer more
readible format?

Thank you!