Terence wrote:

Hi,

Say you have a querystring - index.php?myname=joe

To determine whether myname has a value I have come to the following conclusions / shortcomings when using one of the following:

ISSET = as long as the variable myname exists it's set, but there's no guarantee of a value

!EMPTY = if your name = 0 (zero) then it's considered empty, for all else it seems to work

STRLEN = I have found this to be the only sure way to know.

Is there any other way, or should we always use a combination of ISSET and STRLEN?

Wouldn't this work?

  if(isset($_GET['var']) && !empty($_GET['var'])){
     // do something...
  }

Cristian