In the below code the variable $thecomments might have some quotations in
it.  Like:

$thecomments = how you "like me now"

I'm trying to display the value of that variable in an input box using the
value=" " as shown below; however, the double quotations are screwing me up.
Can someone please make some suggestions on how I can fix this. I've tries
several combinations.addslashes, value= (no quotations, etc). Thanks.

                          $thecomments = addslashes($row_allitems[6]);

            //            echo $thecomments;

                          // this is the section to list the instructions
comments

                          echo

          "<tr>

align=\"right\">Instructions/comments:</div></td>

                                     <input
name=\"instructionslist[$row_allitems[0]]\" type=\"text\" size=\"50\"
maxlength=\"255\" value=$thecomments></td>