Hello,

On 07/13/2004 07:46 AM, Robert Mena wrote:
I have a small script hosted in a win32/apache/php4 enviroment where I
do not have a local email server.

I was wondering how could I send emails either connecting directly to
the mx or sending through a relay.

These classes together do exactly that. You do not need to relay the message in any intermediate server. Just use the direct delivery mode.

If you do not want to change your scripts, much you can use script named smtp_mail.php that wraps arround the classes to provide a function named smtp_mail() that works like the mail() function but provide this direct delivery mode and other features.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

Since you are using Windows, your PHP function GetMXRR is probably not functional. In that case you will also need an emulation function provided by this class.

http://www.phpclasses.org/phpresolver

What you want is not conventional but it can be done thanks to all these classes. Just let me know if you need assistance to set them up.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/