Hi!

I used to detect whether a path is absolute by seeing if the first character
is a forward slash.

Unfortunately, Windows absolute paths are in a different syntax like "C:\",
and I don't know what other random systems might have for their syntax in
the future.

So, is there a portable way to tell if a path is absolute or not?  I thought
about comparing the start of the path with realpath('/'), but this only
works if the path starts with "C:" and fails for "D:" and other drives.

TX

--
'Every sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic' -
Arthur C Clarke

             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/trejkaz/
         Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]