On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:17:24 -0600, Markus Stobbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm changing my HTTP POST variable declarations from $variablename to
> $_POST['variablename'] to make my code more compliant with current best
> practices.
>
> However, I find that I cannot mix these new variable declarations into
> big variable strings like I used to. For example, this works:
>
> $message = "
> Name: $Name
> Division: $Division
> Phone: $Phone
> Email: $Email";
>
> ...but when I change $Name and the other variables to $_POST['Name'], I
> get this error:
>
> Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE,
> expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in
> /web/scd/vets/Vislab/eventrequest.php on line 94
>
> Is there any clean way to avoid having to completely reconstruct all my
> form mail messages by constantly closing quotes, using . to connect text
> and variables within the larger variable.

IMHO, it's best to use single quotes for strings (less parsing
overhead) and use concatenation for things like this.

$message = '
Name: '.$_POST['Name'].'
Division: '.$_POST['Division'].'
Phone: '.$_POST['Phone'].'
Email: '.$_POST['Email'];

--
DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - The database at your fingertips
http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder

paperCrane --Justin Patrin--