You don't have to declare an array size in PHP.    First you can do this:

$arr = array();
then
$arr[1] = 50;
$arr[2] = true;
$arr[3] = "some value";

or you can loop through

foreach( $i = 0; $i  < 50 ; $i++ )
   $arr[$i] = false;

I believe you can assign the checkbox names in HTML as grid[] and in php the array value will be filled in for you.

Jon

Henri Marc wrote:

Hello,

I'm just starting with PHP and I have a problem. This is certainly very easy for you
but for me, it's tough.

I want to make a lottery site (just as an exercise), so I made a page with 6 grids of
50 numbers each (check boxes).

Now, I want to know which numbers have been checked by the player.
I have a :
"input name="Grid1" type="checkbox"
for the first grid. Grid2 for the grid #2...

I was thinking to get the numbers chosen by the player with $_POST['Grid1[]']
Grid1 being a table but it doesn't work. I thought I wouldn't have to declare an
array. I have 50 numbers for each grid, I don't want to have to type array followed by
the 50 numbers. There is not a way to do something like array(1...50).

What is the solution?

Thank you very much (in advance) for your help.

Dave