One way to reduce the amount of spam your server receives is to have it validate the domain of the sender. In this case, the mail server tried to lookup the domain rahul.local, which of course doesn't exist, so your mail was rejected. Read up on the mail() command, specifically the additional headers where you can specify the MAIL FROM.
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

One thing that helped me in understanding how the mail process worked was to walk through it manually from the terminal. It's ridiculously simple what goes on in transferring a message to another mail server. Which explains why some viruses have there own mail servers built-in.