You're not alone in this problem.  I have the same problem some of the time.
I don't know why is that, so someone wrote the script to provide a way
around it.  If it is for the login, it can be done by terminating hte
session_register and all stale session then create a new one once the person
log on.  It seem to help a little bit.

Scott