Dustin Krysak wrote:

<snip>

Now what I want to do is read this file, but only say read 5 songs worth, then I would place the PHP code in (another table) and display the next 5 songs and so on.... This just allows for a more flexible layout in the final presentation. the way I am having the text files written, there is no way to get it to produce seperate text files - otherwise this would be easy to do....
<snip>
What you can do (if you have access to a DB) is pull the text file into a single field table, using <br> as the line terminator. Looking at my MySQl book, for LOAD DATA, it says you can use a string to terminate the line.

Then you can just run a simple query on the table (limited to the equivalent lines for 5 songs), and together with a loop, output the results.

For big files, the DB will be faster and provides you with far greater flexibility

HTH

--
Rory McKinley
Nebula Solutions