Sounds like a good plan, but if this is outside a firewall on the open
internet, it could present some security risks.  I'll assume for the moment
that it's not.

If your script that sends the email can store the information from the form
into the database and assign it a unique number, then your hotlink on the
email only needs to have the number.

My expectation would be, that after giving this some thought you will decide
you need the person receiving the email to have the ability to change some
of the data on the email.

Another approach might be to send an email alert that contains a url to a
page that presents a list of pending requests, and your user could then
authorize several at once.

I also know you can send an email form in html (you can google for help on
this one), but I am not sure if the form can post the data, perhaps if the
person receiving email is using outlook, don't know.

Hope this stimulates a few more options,

Warren Vail