Michael T. Peterson wrote:

Evidently the strtotime() function will not convert an SQL datetime to a
timestamp. Am I missing something? Here's an example of what I mean:

$sql_datetime = '1948-30-03 01:30:00';
$ts = strtotime( $sql_datetime );
print( $ts.'<br>');

When this script is executed, strtotime() returns -1.

If true, that strtotime() is unable to convert SQL datetimes into
timestamps, how are others accomplishing this?

strtotime() will work, actually, but not for dates before 1970. If you want to convert a database timestamp to a Unix timestamp that's before 1970, you need to be on an OS that supports negative timestamps (not windows, as far as I know).

--

John Holmes

php|architect - The magazine for PHP professionals - http://www.phparch.com