Thanks very much, Curt.

I assumed (stupid me) that I needed to configure PHP 5 for mysqli but this was
nonsense since I am using version 4.0 of MySQL.
Now I use php_mysql.dll in C:\PHP and only remove the ; from ;extension=php_mysql.dll
in php.ini. Sorry to have bothered you all with this.

! Still the problem remains that there is no mysqli equivalent for mysql_field_name

Regards,

Mark

"Curt Zirzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]