On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:24:57 +0100, Pt2002 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

I have a table like this
id, pid, name. When a item has no parent, pid = 0. There is no limit in
depth.
1, 0, Test 1
2, 1, Test 1.1
3, 1, Test 1.2
4, 2, Test 1.1.1
5, 1, Test 1.3
6, 3, Test 1.2.1

I need to read this table and return an array that represents the tree.
Maybe using a recursive function but had no success.

I just need someone to point in the right direction.
TIA

Greets
pt2002

Do you have an idea for representing a tree with arrays? I'm not sure how you want to do that. If you can provide an outline of what the finished array should look like, I can help you with some code ideas.

Brian